Nuclear and Particle Physics
Low Dimensional Field Theories. Fields of activity: Conformal Field Theories (CFT) with applications to String theory; Integrable Quantum Field Theoretical models (IQFT); Boundary QFT; Finite size effects.
- Bajnok, Zoltán (senior researcher, PhD)
- Bántay, Péter (associate prof., DSc)
- Palla, László (prof., DSc.)
- Takács, Gábor (senior researcher, DSc)
Lattice Field Theory and Functional Methods.
Cooperating PC-processor cluster is used for the exact determination of the spectra and phase structure of strong matter. Dyson-Schwinger approach is developed to models of strong matter.
- Csikor, Ferenc (prof., DSc)
- Katz, Sándor (assistant prof., DSc)
- Nógrádi, Dániel (post-doctoral researcher, PhD)
- Patkós, András (prof., MHAS)
- Szép, Zsolt (post-doctoral researcher, PhD)
Experimental Nuclear and High-Energy Physics.
Members participate in world’s top nuclear and high energy physics experiments at CERN, at BNL RHIC and at NSL. Latest results: discovery of the deconfined phase of strong matter, observation of p-p collisions at the highest ever energy 2,36 TeV.
- Csanád, Máté (post-doctoral researcher, PhD)
- Horváth, Ákos (associate prof., PhD)
- Kiss, Ádám (prof., DSc)
- Varga, Dezső (assistant prof., PhD)
- Veres, Gábor I. (assistant prof., PhD)